Monday, January 2, 2012

Great day in Paradise

Photo Source
Back to school...it was a great day.  I don't know why but couldn't stop smiling.  Was thrilled to see the kids, and even happier that they were all sleepy and grumpy from staying up too late.  We started the day getting inspired...


After watching I asked them why I would show them such a violent video on a Monday?  Some lost the point completely..."because you want us to fight??" Nice.  Most of them got it. It is to help them get motivated for the semester exams, and for the new goals they have made for the New Year.  It made me smile.  They make me smile.  

I have had a great start to the New Year.  I took part in my very first twitter writer chat. I have watched before...I know creepy.  I was scared to jump in, it all moves super fast. But this year I am not going to be a bystander...I jumped in and met the nicest people. Several nice folks followed my twitter.  Got some writing buddies that we are goal checking with.  I set the goal of 10k words.  It is what I was doing normally when I was in total groove with the first write...it is painful to get back there.  I got all in the 'zone' and looked to see how many words...it was like 500...a drop in the bucket. 

Speaking of buckets...I better get back to writing.  Get Motivated!!!



1 comment:

  1. Discipline, discipline! I'm there too; have made a deep commitment with 2 other writers to pound out a finished story each month. And I mean finished. There is no better time! Good luck on yours.

    ReplyDelete