Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Poetry...light hop

Turn the light off. 

You are ruining my darkness. 

Little flowers illuminate your path.

See if I follow. 

Fog, why are you holding the shimmer?

Little light you aren't mine. 

I don't think.

Maybe?

Or do you belong to the tree? 

It is those damn bees.  

Haven't written any poetry in a while.  John Chapman, over at A Vested Interest,  kicked off his first blog hop.  I know how sad it is to see a blog hop fall apart.  So thought I would throw some support that way. 

Gotta throw some good karma out there after yesterdays post.  :)

9 comments:

  1. Now you've got me thinking. That last line creates a very interesting twist in the tail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED that last line! I'm posting my entry on Thursday, it's been fun to see what people come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I'm not great with poetry at all, but I find your short sentences really effective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the little flowers illuminate the path, as opposed to the lightbulb. Beautiful words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is those damn bees is a great closing line. Glad someone chose poetry. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, those bees. They'll get you every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bees! Great closing line - new follower.

    ReplyDelete